Are you doing all the right things such as flossing, brushing, rinsing, and staying away from sugary foods yet still get disappointed at your dental visit? Does it feel like an impossible uphill battle? This podcast episode is for you!
Dr. Nguyen interviewed Lora Hooper and covers the topic of oral-systemic health connection and how utilizing a DNA salivary test may give you the answers you've been looking for. This test can possibly help you not only understand the "WHY" but can help you prevent oral infections and systemic diseases before they even show up on your physical.
1. 5 Oral pathogens and their impact on oral-systemic health.
2. How are these bacteria transferred to us?
3. The impact and benefits of salivary testing
4. How can other health professionals help take better care of patients with this knowledge?
5. Foods that protect us from these bacteria and support positive microbial development.
Lora Hooper received her bachelor of science in dental hygiene from the Ohio state university in 1995. She is a member of the American academy of oral systemic health and a 2022 preceptor of the Bale Doneen method. Lora has been a clinical hygienist for over 28 years and is currently the director of education and training or direct diagnostics. She is responsible for educating and training colleagues in salivary diagnostics and is a true patient and professional advocate for oral-systemic health. She is a key opinion leader for the American Academy for oral systemic health.